The Youth Tourism Conference
Unlocking the Future of Adventure and Youth Tourism: A Journey through Innovation and Inclusion
Join us for a transformative day at the Adventure and Youth Tourism Conference2023, where industry leaders, innovators, and experts converge to shape the future of travel. Discover powerful strategies, gain industry insights, and network with the best in the field.
- Keynote Speakers: Gain unparalleled insights from trailblazers like Max Dillon, Hailey Brown, Dr Kaya Barry who will delve into storytelling, accessibility and the dynamic Working Holiday Maker sector.
- An Update from Tourism Australia: Stay ahead of the curve with exclusive updates from Kristy Malapa, Tourism Australia’s Industry Relations Manager, covering the latest trends and developments in the sector.
- Industry Panel: Join a dynamic discussion led by influential State and National Representatives, each playing a pivotal role in sculpting the policies and future landscape of adventure and youth tourism. Gain invaluable insights into the strategic decisions and initiatives that will help steer our industry towards a vibrant and sustainable future. Meet: Wendi Aylward – Backpacker Youth Tourism Advisory Panel (BYTAP), Andrew Cowan – Youth Tourism New South Wales (YTNSW), Alex Hill – Youth Tourism Victoria (YTV) and Peta Zietsch – Adventure Queensland (AQ)
- Inspirational Stories: Be inspired by Mike Smith, the founder of Zero Co, who launched a thriving business amidst a pandemic, proving that innovation knows no bounds and the appeal of Voluntourism is growing!
- Digital Marketing Trends: Discover the latest in digital marketing trends and how AI will help and hinder us online with Ben, the founder of Team Empathy, an ethical digital marketing agency that will provide insights into how to establish a strong authentic online presence in our ever-changing digital world.
- Res Tech Panel Discussions: Engage with industry titans in a lively discussion, moderated by Dan Lucas, Co-Founder of Hero as they explore the future of adventure and youth tourism reservation technology featuring prominent players like Rezdy, Respax and FareHarbor.
Adventure Queensland (AQ), the peak backpacking and independent travel industry body for Queensland is excited to announce the return of the Adventure Tourism Awards Youth Tourism Conference that will take place on 9 November, 2023. This years conference will focus on Culture, Country and Technology in an effort to connect us all again after the turmoil of the last few years.
Following the success of the past year’s outstanding conferences and awards nights, AQ continues to focus on curating a dedicated half-day conference to focus on addressing the challenges and opportunities that affect youth tourism in Australia and New Zealand.
This industry-led Youth Tourism Conference provides attendees with opportunities for professional and business development as well as networking and engagement opportunities with industry colleagues. Delegates will hear from industry-leading speakers on critical industry issues and innovative ideas. Prepare to be inspired, prepare for the future of the youth tourism industry.
Date: Thursday 9 November 2023
Time: Arrival and registration from 8:30am.
Function Room: Ocean View Room
Venue: The Island
Dress code: Business casual
- Chris Atkin – Rezdy
- Henri Wilson – FareHarbor
- Josh Mayar – Respax